All shipping methods and costs will be automatically calculated and available at checkout. All shipping will be processed and handled using FedEx. We will do our best to ship orders completed before 3PM Monday - Thursday. Orders placed on Friday will not be shipped until the following Monday unless you are located within the FedEx one day transit zone and shipping to a residential address. Please keep in mind when considering your shipping method that orders can only be delivered via FedEx during certain days (Tuesday - Saturday for FedEx Ground Residential and Monday - Friday for all other FedEx shipping options). Orders over $100.00 during the months of November through March being shipped to one address in the continental United States (not including Alaska, Hawaii, and other U.S. territories) will offer free FedEx Ground shipping unless selected otherwise (please see "Warm Weather Shipping" for information on other months). Orders over $50.00 and under $99.99 being shipped to one address in the continental United States (not including Alaska or Hawaii) will offer a flat shipping rate of $9.95 via FedEx Ground. Orders under $50.00 will have shipping cost calculated at checkout. All orders, regardless of price, to Alaska or Hawaii will be charged full shipping cost calculated at checkout. We currently cannot ship internationally. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes. Please call (859) 278-4444 about shipping to U.S. territories. Please confirm that shipping addresses are accurate. We are not responsible for delays or additional shipping costs incurred due to incorrect addresses. Customers are responsible for the additional costs that FedEx charges to reroute packages due to incorrect shipping addresses. Shipping charges will not be refunded for late deliveries if the business is closed or the recipient is not available when the package when is delivered. Additional charges will be required for all shipments cancelled and re-routed back after the shipment has left our facility. All shipments will be packed with ice packs free of charge if weather is estimated to be above 68°F. All orders placed online will automatically receive an order confirmation, shipping confirmation with tracking number, and arrival notification via email.
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
These are the deadlines, according to FedEx, that packages must be shipped, and by which service, in order to reach their destination on or before Monday, December 25th 2017.
- FedEx Ground (Residential Address) -- Monday, December 18th.
- FedEx Ground (Commercial Address) -- Friday, December 15th.
- FedEx 2Day -- Wednesday, December 20th or Thursday, December 21st (with a $16 Saturday delivery charge via FedEx).
- FedEx Standard Overnight -- Thursday, December 21st.
Fundraising Shipping, Delivery, and Pick-Up
In order to maximize your profits, we use a unique way of helping you pay the shipping cost so that it does not eat away at your profits raised from selling our candy bars! For each dollar of shipping cost you pay, we will send an extra candy bar worth $1 for you to sell in order to make up for that shipping cost so that it's ultimately cost free. For example: If your shipping ends up costing $30, we will include 30 extra candy bars ($30 worth) for you to sell and make up for the money lost due to shipping. There's no need to repay us anything on these extra bars, keep the money and enjoy the profits! All orders will be shipped via FedEx Ground. Delivery via Old Kentucky Chocolates is always free and is delivered on an order proximity basis. All orders are available for pick-up at 450 Southland Dr. Lexington, Ky. 40503.
Warm Weather Shipping
During the months of April through October we are unable to ship via FedEx ground to locations outside of the 2 day transit zone (LA, FL, AR, MS, AL, GA, SC, MO, KY, VA, IL, IN, OH, WV, MD, IA, PA, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MN, WI, MI, NY, AND MA) because of the perishable nature of our products. If you are shipping outside of that 2 day zone either FedEx 2Day or FedEx Standard Overnight will be required. All shipments during this time will be packed with ice packs free of charge to ensure the product arrives in optimal condition.
- FedEx Ground Residential Address -- Day-definite delivery in 1–5 business days (3–7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii) based on distance to destination. Delivery between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., Tues.–Sat. Available to every U.S. residential address.
- FedEx Ground Commercial Address -- Day-definite delivery in 1–5 business days (3–7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii) based on distance to destination. Delivery by end of business day. Available to every business address in all 50 states (inbound-only service for certain remote locations in Alaska and Hawaii).
- FedEx 2Day -- Second-business-day delivery by 4:30 p.m. to most areas (by 8 p.m. to residences). Delivery in 3 business days for certain shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. Available throughout all 50 states.
- FedEx Standard Overnight -- Delivery the next business day in the afternoon by 3 p.m. to most areas and by 4:30 p.m. to some rural areas (by 8 p.m. to residences). Available throughout all 50 states.
When you place an order with Old Kentucky Chocolates, we want to ensure that your gift will be perfect upon arrival. Between our thorough packaging process and 100% unconditional quality guarantee, you can rest assured that everyone will be satisfied with their Old Kentucky Chocolates delivery.
Old Kentucky Chocolates does not accept returns for unwanted products. However, if you experience a quality issue, please contact us immediately at (859) 278-4444 Monday - Friday between 9AM and 6PM so that our team can work with you to address the issue. In some events, our team of customer service professionals will require you to return (we will send you a return form) your unsatisfactory product for inspection in order to issue a refund. In some minor cases, the returned merchandise may incur a 25% re-stocking and/or administrative fee.